* "केवळ सहा आठवडे आधी, मला शोध लागला, गेली कित्येक वर्षे, बॅलंटाईन बूक्सचे काही
* "Only six weeks ago, I discovered that, over the years, some cubby-hole editors at Ballantine Books, fearful of contaminating the young, had, bit by bit, '''censored''' some 75 separate sections from the novel. Students, reading the novel which, after all, deals with the censorship and book-burning in the future, wrote to tell me of this exquisite irony. Judy-Lynn Del Rey, one of the new Ballantine editors, is having the entire book reset and republished this summer with all the damns and hells back in place."
** [[w:Ray Bradbury|Ray Bradbury]], ''[[Fahrenheit 451]]: Coda 1979''
* "You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police. Yet in their hearts there is unspoken - unspeakable! - fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts! Words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home, all the more powerful because they are forbidden. These terrify them. A little mouse - a little tiny mouse! -of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic."
** [[w:Winston Churchill|Winston Churchill]]
* "जर आपण
* "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
**[[w:Noam Chomsky|Noam Chomsky]]
** [[w:Alfred Whitney Griswold|Alfred Whitney Griswold]]
* "जिथे त्यांनी पुस्तके जाळली,
* "Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings."
** [[w:Heinrich Heine|Heinrich Heine]]
** Unknown, but often attributed to [[w:Mark Twain|Mark Twain]]
* "सत्य हे आहे की, वाचनालय माझे एखादे पुस्तक हद्दपार करते आणि आक्षेपार्ह भाग काढून न सुधारलेले बायबल त्याची जागा घेऊन असुरक्षीत
* "But the truth is, that when a Library expels a book of mine and leaves an unexpurgated Bible lying around where unprotected youth and age can get hold of it, the deep unconscious irony of it delights me and doesn't anger me."
** [[w:Mark Twain|Mark Twain]], Letter to Mrs. F. G. Whitmore (7 February 1907)